Monday 13 August 2012

Reflections on week 1 - Janusz


I arrive. I unpack.
I expect and I accept.
I drink coffee and buy food.
I paint and paint again.
I watch and listen.
I write and rewrite.
I read and fall asleep.
I move and I can’t move.
I get emotional and I get frustrated.
My body aches and tells me "no”.
I smile and laugh out loud.
I roll and I smoke.
I feel and feel nothing at all.
I speak when I want to be heard.
I ask when I need answers.
I talk when unnecessary.
I get up because I want to.
I close the door when I had enough.
I succeed when I get it.
I construct and reconstruct.
I’m coming towards you and leave you with nothing.
I’m dressing you up and taking it all off.
I like and dislike.
I confuse and get confused.
We call, we talk, we wait, we crave.
We want to have it all, here and now.
I don’t remember my grandad.
I don’t know my father.
I thought I knew myself.

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh - at yourself.” Ethel Barrymore

No comments:

Post a Comment